Next Thurs is New Year’s Day – A day of Prayer for peace --
Feast of Mary Theotokos; Mass @ 12noon
Adoration on First Fri 4 -5pm
Masses: Each day @ 10am (except Thurs)
Last Sunday's Offertory collection: €520. Many Thanks
Church Cleaners: D.Fitzpatrick, D.O’Carroll, E.Anderson
Ministers of Holy Communion: Group 4
Readers for next Weekend: Group 4, K.Kelly
Altar Servers for this week: Group 2, Ffion, Fiacre, Seán
Anniversary Mass for Paul Kelly on next Sat eve
Mass on Thurs for New Year’s Day @ 10.30am
Last Sunday's Offertory collection: €259. Many Thanks
Church Cleaners: K.Norton, H.Darcy
Readers for next Sunday: D.Fitzgerald
Altar Servers for next Sunday: Group 2, Rosanna, Jane, Charlie
Minister of Holy Communion for next Sunday: L.Quinn
Gifts Without Cost
Some gifts you can give this Christmas are beyond monetary value:
* Mend a quarrel, dismiss suspicion, tell someone, "I love you."
* Give something away-anonymously.
* Forgive someone who has treated you wrong.
* Turn away wrath with a soft answer.
* Visit someone in a nursing home.
* Apologize if you were wrong.
* Be especially kind to someone with whom you work.
* Give as God gave to you in Christ, without obligation, or announcement, or reservation, or hypocrisy. (C. Swindoll, Growing Strong, pp. 400-1)
Read at least the first two lines....Ever thought of it?
Jesus died over 2000 years ago.
Nobody has ever referred to HIM as the ‘late Jesus’,
Not even the heathens.
Nowhere in history.
Nowhere has HE ever been referred to in the past tense
HE 'is' the Living God!
When Jesus died on the cross HE was thinking of you!
Annual Mummer’s Festival
In New Inn leisure centre on Sat 3rd Jan @ 7.30pm for senior groups;
On Sun 4th Jan @ 2.30pm for junior groups.
“As long as we have memories, yesterday remains
.As long as we have hope, tomorrow waits.
As long as we have friendship, tomorrow is beautiful.”
Happy New Year!
The three year restoration of St. Mel's Cathedral is recalled on film in a special hour long RTE documentary entitled 'The Longford Phoenix' to be broadcast on RTE 1 television on Tuesday next December 30th at 6.30pm