Shannonbridge Fishing Report.
The river level at Shannonbridge on 9th August was 3.18 metres and today the reading
Was 3.2 metres. Some very heavy rain fell in the area this evening.
- John Somers from Eindhoven Holland fished at Meelick with a spinner on 31st July
in the sun, and caught a pike of 55 cm. Good fight was his comment.
- Brad Bannon from
and had a 4 lb pike using a lure. Fish returned alive.
Hugh Bannon from
When using a lure. Fish was returned alive.
- Bernard Joyce from Navan fished the Brosna on 5th August and used spoon baits
in overcast conditions to catch three pike in the 5 lb range.
- Young Shane O Rourke from Correen fished the Suck on a cloudy 1st August and
used the pole and red maggot to catch and release 25 good sized perch.
- Dave Panton from
red maggot tto catch 15 lbs of bream roach and hybrids. All returned alive.
Next day Dave used the same approach and ended with 8 lbs of roach and bream.
- John Senior from
4 lbs of roach, using red maggot and caster. Next day John had 10 lbs of roach, bream
and hybrids. All fish were returned alive.
- Katrin Ginsig Rueff from
used a lure to catch a 60cm pike and three perch. Exciting was her comment.
- Ciaran Joyce from Malahide,
to catch a perch that measured 20 cm. Fish was returned alive and well.
- Peter Watson from Drum fished at Shannonbridge on a sunny 3rd August and used
dead mackerel to catch 3 pike in the 4 to 5 lbs range. All returned alive.
- Mr O Bocklay from Athlone fished Shannonbridge harbour on a windy 4th August
using maggot to catch 50 fish averaging 0.5 lbs. Returned all fish alive.
Gerry Morgan from
Used a silver Mepps 3 to catch 22 perch to 1.5 lbs and four pike in the 3 to 5 lbs range.
This all took 90 minutes.
At Shannonbridge they moored opposite the Old Fort Restaurant and caught two good
Tench while using red and white maggots. A pike attacked one of the tench while it was
Being landed and the pike came out of the water after the tench. Sadly they saw blood
in the river so the tench met a sad end.
- Oliver Calfey from Ballinasloe fished Lough Accalla on a dull 28th July and used a
yellow wet fly to catch a 2 lb brown trout which he returned alive.