Shannonbridge Fishing Report Dated
Rain in recent times has added some 5 inches to the river level.
Richard Reeves tells us that the large rock at the Hot Water outlet
Now has about two inches showing.
- Mick Daulman of YTE anglers in
on 21st June in the rain and used red maggot and feeder to catch 25 lbs
of roach and hybrid.
- Mick Bradley from YTE anglers fished the
and used red maggot and a pole to catch roach and perch for 20 lbs.
Mick Bradley assisted in rescuing a visitor from the river who had fallen
in accidentally. His total catch recorded was 20 lbs of fish and one German
weighing some 16 Stone.
- John Dear fished the canal at Ferbane on 23rd June in bad weather and used
a pole and red maggots to catch bream and roach. Early and late best he reckons.
- Kevin Peacock fished Mickie’s Backwater on 23rd June in the rain and used red
maggot and the waggler to catch roach, rudd and pike. Noticed many pike about.
- David Mills from Tullamore fished at Victoria Lock on 22nd June in fair weather
and used worms to catch two tench of 3 lb and 5 lb. Caught late at night.
- Mrs Mills also fished at
of 2 lb and 2.5 lb. Caught between 6.00 and .
- Andy Henry from
in the rain and used maggot and sweetcorn to catch six bream to 2 lb each
and a dozen good hybrids in the late evening.
Martin Ritzgan from
25th June using plugs and spoon bait to catch 13 pike to 8 lbs. Fished all day
and had many baby pike. All returned alive.
- Sid Farmiloe from
plugs to catch five pike of 6 lbs plus in the early evening.
- Brockmann Sozen from
24th June using a wobbler to catch a 24” pike which was a first pike for the 14 year old.
- Richard Reeves from Calne, Wiltshire fished the Hot Water stretch on 20th June
and used red maggot and feeder with hook size 14. on a wet and windy day.
His catch was 20 lbs of roach to 12 Oz and hybrids to 2 lbs.
-Next day Richard again fished the Hot Water stretch and had 21 lbs of roach
to a pound and hybrids to 1.5 lbs.
- On 22nd June Richard visited Correen Ford on the Suck and used maggot and
caster with a feeder and hook size 16. He caught 8 lb of roach to 12 Oz and
two tench that weighed 3.5 lbs and 5 lbs. His comment goes like this –
Oh Lord, grant that I may catch a fish so large,
That even I when speaking of it afterwards
Will have no cause to lie.