Wednesday, December 31, 2003

See where Bob Monkhouse the comedian has passed away. Yesterday the Irish Times carried an obituary and gave a few samples of his humour.
- The last time I was in Spain I got through six Jeffrey Archer novels. I must remember to take enough toilet paper next time.
- Personally I don't think there's intelligent live on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one.
- I remember when safe sex was a padded headboard.
- I want to die like my father, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming and terrified, like his passengers.
- Silence is not only golden, it is seldom misquoted.
- I can still enjoy sex at 74 - I lve at 75, so it's no distance.
- They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian. They're not laughing now.
- A tomcat hijacked a plane, stuck a pistol into the pilot's ribs and demanded : "Take me to the canaries".
Say a prayer for his soul.

No comments: