Monday, June 14, 2004

This may be helpful at a sing-song when the gun is put to your head.Cousin Father John Killeen learned the words from old Jack Grehan in Taughmaconnell many years ago and has used it to effect on many occasions.
It is called The O Song as the chorus and lead in to the next verse is Ooooooooooooooooooooo. Are you ready.? Lets go.

The O Song

My wife's mother
Thats me mother in law
Could it be impossible
She gave me auld jaw.
If she was a woman
Or perhaps she was a man
I would scrape off her ears
With a corned beef can.

Chorus and lead in Oooooooooooo

Up in the mountains
Thats the place to be
Listening to the jackdaws
Singing hallalee.

Chorus and lead in Ooooooooooo

It being a wedding
There was mate galore
And everybody ate
Till their bellies got sore

Chorus and lead in Oooooooooo

Old Jack Mc Guinness
Got as round as an egg
And fell into the corner
And broke his wooden leg.

Chorus and lead in Oooooooooo

As long as I remember
Sure I never will forget
The night that Jack Mc Guinness
Got his cork leg set.

Chorus and lead in Oooooooooo

You can pull in your sail
Or do anything at all
But I defy you tie a knot
On a bulldogs tail.

Oooooooooooooooooo.

No comments: