Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The newspapers tell that there are 90,000 new customers signing up for new electricity connections this year which gives an idea of the amount of new homes and apartments being created.
The weather forecast for today and into tomorrow is for strong winds from the south reaching up to 80 MPH and bringing flooding and rain. This forecast caused George and Mary Hogarty from the USA , who had been holidaying in the West of Ireland, to change their plans and head straight back to Dublin rather than stop off in Shannonbridge.
The series of Wednesday night Table Quizzes for the winter starts in Killeens tonight with proceeds going to some organization or charity or whatever.
The Ferbane Bridge Club members have organized a special Mass on next Tuesday night 2nd November in Ferbane Church at 7.00 pm in rememberance of the late Jimmy Mooney.
Found a leaflet in the Church on Sunday with what I think is Saint Patrick's Breastplate prayer.
Christ be with me,
Christ within me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me.

Christ beneath and Christ above,
Christ on my right hand,
Christ on my left.
Christ with me waking,
walking and sleeping.

Christ in every heart thinking of me,
Christ in every tongue speaking to me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

No comments: