Monday, November 06, 2006

During a visit to New Jersey in September / October John took Pat and me to visit our cousin Sister Rosalie in Tenafly. She is in a retirement home for nuns and we met a number of retired Irish nuns. One nun Sister Estelle Barron came alongside us while we were in the chapel and putting a hand on our shoulders she said a prayer which was newly made. I asked her if she made up many prayers and she said she did. Better still she promised to forward them for this website and they arrived in the post this morning.

So here is a sample.-

“Behold. I stand at the door and knock”

and here is a little longer one.-

Lord, this day I turn to You

Knowing that You have planned

All that is to happen.

If I trust completely on You

All will be well.

May Your name be praised

We are in it together.

I think Sister Estelle said she was from The Glens of Aherlow.

One of the people in Saint Mary’s Church in Cherry Hill New Jersey, Kathy Randall gave me a little printed prayer much in the same mode. It goes like this –

Lord

Help me to

Remember that

Nothing is

Going to

Happen to me

Today that You

And I together

Can’t handle.

On returning from America I found that my usual way of posting to this site had disappeared. Thanks to Father Frank Hanlon I found the way last night. One entry that starts with…. The funeral took place was written some weeks ago but what the hell.

Lots of news in the papers today about the Ireland versus Australia football match in Croke Park yesterday played under test rules and it appears it was a disaster.

The Fianna Fail Ard Feish at the weekend was also featured and Bertie Ahern came out very well out of it.

Another good fine sunny day today. In the afternoon a P.J. Kehoe from Galway called in and told us that he was in school in Garbally with Jim and John Killeen. He was known as Hocca and his phone number is mka-nddmne. Code using m as 0.

No comments: