Monday, March 31, 2003

Remember the two nuns last week in Georgia and Sister Philomena Fogarty who was
decapitated.Saw on the paper that they were in Father Ronnie Madden's parish and of
course Father Ronnie comes from Ballinasloe.I have memories when I first went to San
Diego almost twenty years ago Father Ronnie was based there and Surgeon Murphy
gave me his phone number to give him a call.I rang and an answering machine answered
with Ronnie saying "I'm unable to come to the phone right now but if you leave your name
and number I will call you right back ".It was my first encounter with answering machines
so I left a message.After a few weeks I repeated the call and again after a couple of months
before I came home.Got no reply each time.In August Father Ronnie called to Shannonbridge
and explained that he was a Navy Chaplain and when I was there he was on a six months
Navy tour of Japan and Australia.Are'nt mobile phones great ?

No comments: