Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Journey Man

Another one from John Mc Manus, Clonburren

Journey Man

One evening of late from Bandon I strayed

Bound for Clonakilty I was making my way

In Ballinascorthy sometime I delayed and I wet my old whistle with Porter

I scarcely had travelled a mile out the road when I heard a dispute in a farmers abode with the son of a landlord an ill looking toad and the wife of a poor tenant farmer

Hurray for the bold tenants wife I cried

Your as bad as your daddy who lives the other side

No national land league will pull down our pride while its able to bear every storm


With ma faghta mo thuasla mo slainte


Todays paper tells of the death of the horse trainer Vincent O Brien

who died on 1st June 2009 at his home in Kildare aged 92 years.

He was widely regarded as the finest racehorse trainer of the last century.

In his retirement he spent time in Kildare and in Perth Australia, where

his wife came from.

May he rest in peace.

No comments: