Friday, September 17, 2010

I just read your latest Shannonbridge newsletter and appreciate your efforts to put the Potts history together. Just to help, Trumperant is the correct spelling and were owners of Correen Castle and various times and they married into the Potts family. I've just received a CD from Myles Monaghan who's father now owns the house. This CD includes the history for the house. I will check this CD out shortly. John Trumperant was the maternal uncle of the first William Potts who lived in Correen Castle and as far as I know at this point probably the first owner. As for the ring, the first William Potts of Correen sent the ring to his first cousin, named William Potts also, by transport through Temple in 1756. We have a letter that states this. I assume Temple is the embankment area now called Temple Bar (Barr). My family line comes from the Potts who left Ireland for the Barbadoes, eventually ending in Maryland, USA. William Potts received the ring on visit to England and I am the 9th generation of Potts to wear the ring and the first female. Our visit to Ireland was wonderful. The people of Ireland are very kind and hospitable. Life seems slower there. Since I've been back in the states the pace is hectic and I am trying to catch up on my work. I miss the slower way of life you are most fortunate to have in the beautiful island where you live. I will be in touch. And again, it was good to meet you and all the wonderful people of the Shannonbridge area. Louisa Potts

No comments: