Friday, September 17, 2010

You are welcome to use anything I write. I did send Alison Munson several emails during the summer and they did not come back undeliverable. Perhaps it went into her SPAM as it may not recognize me. I have heard the name Potts Island and this clears it up for me. Still have not had a chance to check the CD made for me but plan to do it this weekend. I am a director of a local child care center with approximately 95 children ages 2-12 (before and after school also). So life is busy. Our economy has not been particularly good as I understand it is same in Ireland. I do think things are steady and not getting worse in the states. In some areas (not housing) things have picked up. I voted for Barack Obama and I believe he is very intelligent and level headed, but he inherited a mess. We live about 45 minutes drive from Washington D.C. in the western mountains which look similar to Ireland. I was married in the mountains last June in an area by Camp David where presidents spend holiday. Frederick County was a big farming area but more urban sprawl has taken over the farmland. This is very upsetting to many people, myself included. Fortunately, there is a effort to go back to farmers markets and local produce and recycling. Still it seems the states are so spread out and jobs are not in local communities so people must travel. We need some of the rain you all have been getting. Very dry summer here so corn and many crops are not good. Makes it more difficult for local farmers to sustain their way of life. Farming is definately more corporate owned here than local farming. Hopefully this will change back. take care, Louisa Potts

No comments: