Monday, March 01, 2004

Some staff past and present came together for a meal and a talk and reminesce about Shannonbridge Power Plant over forty years in operation and a number of people shared their thoughs. The one that struck me as the best was a bearded retired member telling about working on the original construction and coming to work one morning after a rather late session. His workmate had prepared a room and a mug of tea for him to help him for the day. The engineer came looking for him and asked his mate where he was. He got the usual waffler of "he might be gone to the toilet or etc".
The engineer persisted and said I know he is in there can't I see him. The mate replied "I'm afraid Mr Perkins if you want to see him you will have to go through me.
Mr Perkins gave up the search.

No comments: